All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Iain Ames, GDPR Owner is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Diamond Controls Group collecting/processing their personal data.
- All Employees/Staff of Diamond Controls Group who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
Diamond Controls Group is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we store and handle that data and keep it safe.
Who are we?
Established in 2000, we are an electrical contractor specialising in the installation of leak detection and trace heating systems for commercial and industrial applications.
Iain Ames, GDPR Owner can be contacted directly here:
- 01603 745000
The personal data we would like to collect/process, via this website, on you is:
|Personal data type:||Source (where Diamond Controls Group obtained the personal data from if it has not been collected directly from you, the data subject. Note if the personal data has been accessed from publicly accessible sources):|
|Contact Details (name, address, phone number, email address)||Data Subject|
|Contact Details (address)||Third Party Management Company|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- To provide a quotation for the works requested and to process your order.
- To provide you with the best service possible, which includes reminding you about annual servicing and maintenance.
- To send you a service report.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- Contract – when you contact us to perform a service (installation, commissioning, service or fault finding) we will provide a quotation for the works.
- Contract – we will perform the works once you have agreed to the quotation and we need your data to process and provide these works.
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us (under the lawful basis of legitimate interest) unless you have unsubscribed, requesting not to receive that marketing. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us, after which we will cease sending marketing communications to you.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Diamond Controls Group to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by requesting a Data Subject Consent Withdrawal form (firstname.lastname@example.org). Once the form is filled in and returned to Iain Ames, the GDPR owner, the request will be actioned.
Diamond Controls Group will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. The following third parties will receive your personal data for processing payment for your order.
|Third country (non-EU)/international organisation||Safeguards in place to protect your personal data||Retrieve a copy of the safeguards in place here:|
|Organisation Name and geographic location|
|Third country (non-EU)/international organisation Safeguards in place to protect your personal data Retrieve a copy of the safeguards in place here:|
Organisation Name & geographic location
Worldpay Zinc – United Kingdom
|Data is only entered into the worldpay zinc system during a phone call with the Data Subject. Payment information is not stored within the Diamond Controls Group Systems. The worldpay zinc system is password protected and no personal data is stored.|
Diamond Controls Group will process and store personal data whilst the leak detection or trace heating system is still installed in your property. This will be to remind you about annual servicing and maintenance only. If you decide to cease your contract with us or not renew an annual service visit we will store your information for 10 years after the expiry of the contract or last visit for an annual service. This is in line with the Retention of Records Policy. No data required for the processing of payments will be stored by Diamond Controls Group, this information will need to be processed at the point of sale each time a transaction is required by the client.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Diamond Controls Group refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.3 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Diamond Controls Group (or third parties as described in 3.3 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Diamond Controls Group data protection representative Iain Ames, GDPR Owner.
The details for each of these contacts are:
|Supervisory authority contact details||GDPR Owner contact details|
|Contact Name:||Iain Ames|
|Address:||Information Commissioner’s Office|
Cheshire, SK9 5AF
|Diamond Controls Limited
Unit 5 Baines Way
Norwich, NR5 9JR
|Telephone:||0303 123 1113||01603 745000|
Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Diamond Controls Group, will collect and use your personal data; Your contact details (name, address, telephone number and email address)
- To provide a quotation for the works requested and process/complete your order or planned works;
- To provide you with the best service possible, which includes reminding you about annual servicing and maintenance;
- To send you a service report.
- If you make a complaint we will use your personal data so that we can investigate, answer and address the complaint.
Why does Diamond Controls Group need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a service we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes, quotations, service reminders/maintenance issues and service reports. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Diamond Controls Group would contact you for additional consent.
Will Diamond Controls Group share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to a third-party service provider contracted to Diamond Controls Group in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfill the service they provide you on our behalf, such as payment processing or delivery of materials for a service visit. When they no longer need your data to fulfill this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Diamond Controls Group procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Diamond Controls Group use the personal data it collects about me?
Diamond Controls Group will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Diamond Controls Group is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Diamond Controls Group contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Diamond Controls Group at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Diamond Controls Group does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Diamond Controls Group or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need in order to access this?
Diamond Controls Group accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Two forms of identification will be required to access personal data from the following list; Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months)
Contact details of Iain Ames, GDPR Owner
Iain Ames, Managing Director
Diamond Controls Limited, Unit 5 Baines Way, Bowthorpe, Norwich, NR5 9JR
Document owner and approval
Iain Ames, GDPR Owner is the owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this record is reviewed in line with the review requirements of the GDPR.
Change History Record
|Issue||Description of Change||Approval||Date of Issue|
|1||Initial issue||Iain Ames||30/04/2018|