Maintaining the safety of student lets
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of services to landlords of HMOs and student lets to ensure their properties are compliant with current electrical standards and provide a safe home for tenants.
With many student lets unoccupied over the summer, now is the time to book in your annual checks. Our service includes:
- Electrical installation condition reports (EICR)
- Pat testing
- Emergency lighting
- Fire alarm testing
- Led lighting
- Electrical modifications & renewals
It is now a legal requirement that all privately rented accommodation has a valid EICR test. To find out more visit the Government website.
As well as getting in a fully qualified electrician for your annual checks and any improvements that are required there are other ways you can ensure your property is as safe as possible.
- Check all appliances are in good working order, are pat tested and there are no overloaded sockets
- Look for signs of damage or age on all electrical appliances at the end of each tenancy such as cuts or abrasions to the cable, non-standard plugs, loose parts or screws and signs of overheating or burning. Over half of all house fires are caused by electrical faults
- Ensure all smoke and fire alarms are mains connected and regularly tested
- Don’t attempt any electrical repairs yourself – you could fall foul of the law and may put your tenants in danger
To book in your site survey or for a no-obligation quotation, please contact us.